Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What Do You Do?

Hey, y'all --

What do you do when you're depressed and there's no reason for it?

I guess I could blame it on my son's going off to the Marines -- he is my baby after all. Maybe I'm in denial of the Empty Nest Syndrome. I'm sure that's what people would say. He wasn't supposed to ship out until October, but now they're shipping him out Aug. 18th.

But with the way he's been acting lately, he couldn't leave soon enough for me. I mean, I know that sounds terrible for a mother to say, and maybe it's his BP acting up... but he just treats me with such a lack of respect, and upsets me and hurts me so much with his words and actions, that half the time I run off crying to my room. Great behavior for a stable BP'er, right? And here I am supposed to be giving y'all advice...

So today here I am depressed about it. Oh, not a bipolar depression or anything, just an ole everyday depression.

My husband is being great about it. He is so wonderful, and so supportive. He even got me a card and everything! Isn't that romantic? He is trying so hard to get me out of this funk.

I'm just trying to get out of it by working hard and not thinking about things. But I know my therapist would probably say that's the wrong thing to do, because I'm just avoiding it all, and the same problems will be there when I'm done working (hey--I should be my own shrink).

Have any of you ever felt this way?

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home