Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Son Enlisted in the Marines

Hey, y'all --

Guess what? My son enlisted in the Marines! This is my baby -- my 18-yr-old. And no, I won't go thru the "Empty Nest Syndrome," I've still got my dog. But I am SO proud of my son!

He's been so lost, looking for direction. The thing that bugs me though is that his supposed friends have just turned on him, ya know? I mean, a true friend might not agree with your decision, but they would still support you. He's just finding that out, and I hurt for him.

He just enlisted yesterday, and signing the papers as I write. So of course I'm worried about him. Can't help it -- I'm the Mom, it's my job! I know I shouldn't worry -- all I can pray is that God's will be done.

This is the son who was diagnosed with BP when he was 12 yrs old, but hasn't had an episode for so many yrs I stopped counting. Did you know they don't ask you that when they recruit you? They only ask about depression, which he hasn't had. And he's been off medication since he was 14 (but that's ok, I'm on enough meds for both of us), which I guess is ok for him... he believes he was misdiagnosed. I don't know, maybe he's right. ADHD can be misdiagnosed as BP when you're that age, and since he hasn't had the depression, maybe he is right.

All I know is, I'm very very proud of him. I think he did the right thing. And I'm especially proud that it was his decision. I mean, he did it in spite of his friends being so against it and everything!

Anyway, as far as me, other than being worried about my son and how everything is going at the recruiting station, I'm doing ok. I'm off the Chantix, avoided the episode it was about to cause, and feeling great! My doctor upped my Lamictal, so I think that's why I'm feeling so good.

Well, I better go. Got a whole newsletter to write. Hope you enjoy it!

I wish you peace and stability.

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home