Friday, June 13, 2008

Feeling Spiritual

Hey, y'all--

I've been working on writing my next devotional, and feeling very spiritual lately. Ya know, dealing with bipolar disorder on a daily basis, sometimes it feels like I've got control of it, and sometimes it feels like it's got control of me. But feeling spiritual, feeling close to God, feeling like He's right there in the fight with me, well, I feel like I've got more control than ever before. Like I'm not alone any more. Do you know what I mean?

It sure isn't easy living with bipolar disorder. But then, nobody ever said it would be. I used to have suicidal tendencies because of the disorder -- I was messed up spiritually, and I used to go to bed every night and cry out to God all right, but I used to pray that He would just let me die, because I just couldn't imagine living like this one day longer.

But that time passed. And because of God, I eventually wanted to live again. Now I have stability, and a wonderful life.

So I wanted to encourage those of you who are still struggling. The Bible says that "God is no respecter of persons." That means that what He's done for me, He can do for you, too. So hang in there -- it does get better.

Remember God loves you, and so do I!
Michele

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I think of the universe instead of God per se, but I know I wouldn't be alive, things wouldn't be as good as they are without help from a source far greater than I can comprehend. I too used to pray to die. Now I am thankful, even in the worst manic depressive state, to be alive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home