Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Need Prayers

Hey, y'all --

First of all, I am so thrilled that so many people are reading my blog now and are responding that I've been able to help them, because that's why I'm here. Someone had asked me if I always write encouraging things, and I had said that I try to, but I do balance it with the truth which, unfortunately, having BP, isn't always pretty. I have to be honest, so for example, I did tell y'all when I went thru that 3-week long depression. But then, I do get to tell you when things are good again!

Anyway, I'm writing today because my husband Bill needs prayer. He has BP, too, which is hard enough. But he's in excruciating pain from a nerve in the base of his head that flares up and spreads to the rest of his head, and right now they can't do anything for him. He's been clean for 14 years from substance abuse, so he can't take narcotics and they won't give him anything more for pain than 800 mg Ibuprofen, which isn't touching the pain, of course. And I just cry, because he keeps screaming out in pain.

This has been going on for 3 weeks. I've taken him to the Emergency Room and to the doctor twice. He has an "emergency" appointment scheduled with the neurosurgeon for one week from today -- they say it's the first appointment they could give him. The good news is that once he sees the neurosurgeon, he can schedule Bill for surgery to cut the nerve and Bill will instantly be out of pain, or give him a nerve block that day and accomplish the same thing.

The bad news is we have to wait another week while he suffers in pain. So I'm asking for prayer for him. If we all pray, God's gotta listen, huh? :)

Anyway, hope y'all are doing ok, and that the BP dragon isn't being too hard on you. Either way, write and let me know how you're doing.

Remember that God loves you and so do I,
Michele

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger jennifer said...

You guys will be in my prayers.

Good luck.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Ngaztee said...


Hi!
I've been diagnosed with BP since 1993, and things are going so great at the moment, I haven't had an episode/seizure since 2004...

Being a follower of Christ, I have turned things around, and in praising God for my predicament, He has directed other people with Christians with BP to meet me, and I've been able to encourage them in their walk with God, and their walk with BP...

I just want to put my name and details out there to other Christians who are trying to come to terms with BP...

You can get me on:

Phone: +64 4 528 6431 | Fax: +64 4 528 6431 | Mobile: +64 27 458 7077
45 Routley Crescent, Wallaceville, Upper Hutt, New Zealand

nga.karen@xtra.co.nz |

God Bless :-)

Nga <><

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger HelenM said...

My heart and Prayers go out for the both of you! Yes I believe God listens and answers all prayers but be careful what you are praying for, be very specific. My Prayers have always been answered, just sometimes not exactly what I wanted.
Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home