Monday, February 25, 2008

Getting Better All the Time

Hey, y'all --

Well, as predicted, the next day after my last post did, in fact, get better. It just always happens that way (unless I'm in an episode or on a string of bad days).

Yesterday I had the most incredible day. If I didn't know better, I'd swear I was in a manic episode! I kept thinking to myself, "So THIS is what energy feels like!"

Honestly, it really has been so long since I've had anything even resembling energy that yesterday was such a different and surprising thing for me. But pleasant!

I ran from the time I woke up until the time I went to sleep, but with energy abounding. And it was all good! I was worried I was in a manic episode, but someone told me I wasn't talking fast or alot, so I was ok. That's like my main symptom, so I believe them.

Now, today, well, that's a different story. I guess somehow maybe I used up 2 day's worth of energy in one day, and today I'm paying for it!

Still... I'm still getting better all the time. Have to believe it. Gotta stay positive. I AM going to win this war with bipolar disorder.

You know, when I was first getting off drugs and alcohol, there was a point when I wanted to give up -- a point where I was so weak and overwhelmed that I didn't think I could do it... but I did it anyway. There was a concept that helped me called "ACT AS IF..."

Whenever I would feel like I just described, like I couldn't make it... I would think, "ACT AS IF... I've already made it." It got me through some pretty rough times.

Try this principle for yourself. When your bipolar disorder seems to get the better of you, tell yourself, "ACT AS IF I'm going to get the better of my bipolar disorder. I'm going to make it!"
or any other positive statement. IT WORKS!

Then write and tell me about it.

Remember, God loves you and so do I!
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home