Sunday, January 13, 2008

Got scammed!

Hey, yall--

I can't believe it, but I got scammed! Even worse, because of me, someone else got scammed, and I am so sorry for that.

Someone posted a comment under one of my topics on this blog -- her name was Barbara, and she was claiming to be a writer, and told me how she had been glad to meet me. Well, coincidentally, the weekend before, I had been to a gathering of women where I had met another woman writer, but hadn't remembered her name, so I thought well, it could have been Barbara.

Well this woman, in her post, posted a site where she said she goes to get writing assignments and gets paid for them. The woman I had spoken with at the gathering wrote for money as well, so again, I thought this could be the same woman. This is the only way I would have fallen for something like this, because of the coincidence -- otherwise it would have obviously been caught as a scam by me. But I was fooled.

I posted my friendly, "glad to have met you too, will check out the site when I have time" post BEFORE I had time to check out the site, and because of that, and someone else trusting me, someone else fell for the scam. And I am so sorry for that.

When I finally went to the site, I saw it for what it was, and it was obviously a scam, because not 5 seconds into it and they were wanting money. And I knew I had been scammed.

I feel so terrible that someone else got scammed because of me, but I want you to know I have removed that post (as well as my response) off my blog so that no one else gets hurt. Again, I'm sorry.

Remember that God loves you and so do I,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home