Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Just Another Day in Paradise

Hey, y'all --

Well, even tho it isn't quite Paradise, at least I don't feel like the world is winning against me today, so that's one point for me. My plans are going ahead for a "cancelled Christmas" this year, and believe it or not, I've found alot of people who are doing the same thing! I was really surprised at the number of people this year who aren't putting up trees or decorating their houses or anything.

I went to an AA meeting, and that was pretty much the topic, and one person said, "It's all about God's Son's birthday." And that was that! You could've heard a pin drop in that room! But it sure brought the message home to me. I've been getting so stressed out trying to work out all these projects with Dave, trying to raise the money just to give my kids money this year for Christmas, and stressing myself out that way, which became just as stressful as giving them presents!

Well, I was reminded today that I can only do as much as I can do, and that's all. I can't afford to get stressed out, or I'm going to get a bipolar episode for Christmas this year! :)

I just have to remember what that man said at the AA meeting. Christmas isn't about how much money I give my kids, or about decorations, or any of that. It's God's Son's birthday. And that's it.

Remember that God loves you and so do I!
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home