Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back from Vacation

Hey, y'all --

Well, we're back from vacation, so I better catch everyone up:

First of all, thank you all for your prayers and kind words for hubby. He did have the nerve block, but it didn't take, so he's scheduled for another one this week (pray!). Then we went to FL to see my parents (my mom has BP too, so we go down a couple times a year to check on her). It was ok, tho it was a "working vacation" for me the first couple days. Still, it's so good to be back home.

I'm sorry a couple of you are having a rough time. Things are supposed to get better for us "beepers" during the summer months, but I don't buy that, because I've had episodes during the summer, fall, and winter months - my BP is an equal opportunity disorder! :) Hopefully, y'all will be feeling better soon.

Melissa, it's so good to "meet" someone who is in the same situation as I am. It's so unique that both the partners have BP. I consider it a positive, because usually we're not both having a "bad bipolar day" on the same day, so we can help each other when it happens. I hope you two are able to do the same thing. Maybe we can talk some more about it?

Anyway, I'm home, and will try to post more often. I'll let you know how the second nerve block goes with Bill.

Hey-- I got great news! I got an email from blogger.com, and they rated my blog 8.2 out of 10! Thank you all sooo much for your support! :)

Remember, God loves you and so do I!
Michele

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. I too have been offline for a little while. We got ourselves a little behind in the bills after my last episode. Daniel and I both had an appointment with a PDoc today. He confirmed my diagnosis of BP. Because of my diabetes I my meds were changed. I am now taking abilify. Daniel has taken abilify off and on for a few years. More off than on. He is very sensitive to the side effects so doc lowered his script to see if that helped. I hate this diagnosis but I know it is the correct one. I have spent years denying to myself that I had the same disorder that has plagued my family. When my nephew was diagnosed I researched it and figured out that I had it too but spent many years denying it. I can understand your sons denial. He will eventually come back around. You reach a point that you can't avoid it any longer. I reached that point a couple of weeks ago. I will keep him in my prayers. Hopefully he comes around sooner than I did. Glad you had a nice vacation and that Bill is doing so much better. I suffer from several back ailments that leave me in constant pain; I also suffer from migraines. It is no fun and it can at times cause me to go into a manic or severe depressive episode. I am glad I found your blog. It helps to read it and know that I am not alone especially with my special circumstance of my hubby and I both being BP.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Melissa --

Sorry it took me so long to read your post - please forgive me.

Please read my post today (6/3).

Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home