Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Good Bipolar Days and Bad Bipolar Days

Hey, y'all --

First of all, notice I have a new picture on my blog -- it includes hubby, so you can see what he looks like now! :)

So, let's talk about good BP days and bad BP days. I feel like I've been a yo-yo lately.

I wrote you that my son was going into the Marines. I was so proud of him -- I thought he was finally going to get some direction to his life. Well, now he's decided he's not going to. He got out of it with a general discharge, because he never signed his final papers.

So now he's going to move to Buffalo, NY with his older brother. But he's got to stay with us for the next 3 weeks. More turmoil. More drama. I was hoping, finally, for less stress and more peace.

I'm still trying to support him unconditionally, cuz I'm the mom, and that's my job. But it's hard with an 18-yr-old, ya know?

Oh well, it's only 3 weeks, right? Yeah, right. That's why I've been feeling like a yo-yo. Bad days and good days. Some nights I'm still so stressed from the day it's hard to sleep at night.

But it always circles back around and things get better again.

So, like I always tell you, I have to follow my own advice and hang in there and never give up.

I hope y'all are doing ok? Let me know.

Special note to Melissa -- I hope things are going better for you.

I wish you peace and stability.

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

2 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michele,
Things are getting alot better. This lawst episode is over and I am back to feeling somewhat normal. Daniel is doing okay. Thankfully he does not have near as many problems with his biupolar as I do. He is doing what the docs say and is taking his medicine. Thankfully he has not had any problems since they increased his abilify to 5 mg.
I will be getting ahold of my doc soon to see about increasing my meds again. My mother is coming for a short visit in Spetember and I want the increase before that visit. I always have problems after her visits. She is a big trigger for me.
Anyho, wanted to let you know that things are looking better on this end. Hope all is well with you and your family. Sorry to hear about your son. The marines would have been good for him. Hang in there the next few weeks till he leaves.
much love and tons of prayers
Melissa

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Melissa --

So glad you're keeping me updated.
And SO glad things are getting a lot better for you. You are an inspiration for me. Sometimes I feel like no one out there is listening, so why am I writing this blog? Still, I don't give up, because there is you.

Glad Daniel is taking his meds and doing good. That's good!

Watch your triggers! Be VERY prepared for your mom's visit. Go back over everything you know about your own BP.

Read my new post about that, ok?

Wishing you peace and stability.

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home