Sunday, July 30, 2006

Time Flies By

Hey, y'all--
I am so sorry for not writing for so long. I guess it really is true that time flies by--it sure has this month. I had said in my last post that things were getting better each day... but I ran into a few problems. I was still having problems sleeping, so my psychiatrist prescribed me that new sleeping pill, the one you see the commercial for. I forget the name of it, just that it starts with an R... and I became, as Bill puts it, the "Wicked Bitch of the West." Truly! It wasn't that I got depressed, just that I became really bitchy! Everything seemed to irritate me. And I didn't get any better sleep--worse, in fact. It was a real light sleep, and I woke up with everything. Well, Bill saw one of those commercials on TV for the new sleeping pill, and said that it said something about the drug messing with your hormones, so I threw it away (after checking with my psych). At least with the Lunesta, I slept through the night. It took me awhile to fall asleep, but once I did, it was a deep sleep, and through the night. So I through away the sleeping pill, and I'm back on the Lunesta.

Also, and here's something y'all might want to know. I was leaving my doctor's office and ran into a girl I used to be in a bipolar class with--and she told me, like me, she used to take an antidepressant with her mood stabilizer, and she used to have to go into the psych ward at the local hospital like one week on and one week off, she was so messed up by her bipolar. She was real suicidal, too. She also used to be on six medications. She told me how she heard that antidepressants "cancel out" mood stabilizers, so she went off hers, and she's been stable for six years!!!! I did some reading about it on the Internet, and found some info on it as well, and there is controversy over it, but some research does indicate that taking antidepressants with mood stabilizers actually can harm the person with bipolar disorder, or at least make the mood stabilizer ineffective (the last thing we want!). So I saw my psych and told him about it, and threw away my antidepressant, and I've been feeling absolutely great ever since!!!! It's been over a week now, and you wouldn't believe the difference. Hope it keeps up this way!

Remember, God loves you and so do I.
Love, Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home