Sunday, July 02, 2006

Feeling Better from ECT

I can't believe it's been this long since I've written--I feel like I've let y'all down. I'm sorry if I've disappointed you. It's been a little rough this time around; had to have a couple extra treatments, and I'm just now starting to feel better. The memory loss was worse as well. Do you believe that one day I even couldn't remember my own last name? I've been talking to Dave about putting a humor section on the website, because if I didn't have a good sense of humor, this thing would eat me alive!

Today is the first day I've started to feel like "me". What a privilege, almost, to feel like myself again. I sure can't take that for granted! Oh, I feel so blessed today. Appreciated the simple things, ya know? Like posting on my own blog. It feels good to be able to write to y'all and catch you up on things. Even though there really isn't anything new to report, other than that this round of ECT is over, and I survived another round!

Well, I guess there is something new to report. We have set a date to get married! October 14th. That is something good to talk about--two bipolars getting married. That's not something you hear about every day. Bill and I are a success story when it comes to that. Especially coupled with the fact that we are also both survivors of alcohol and drug abuse. But we were best friends for over 3 years before we fell in love, so being that close, and knowing everything about each other, being there for each other through everything we went through, well, I think that helped alot.

But, ya know, I was married before, and he wasn't bipolar, and there was no way in the world he could have ever understood me, no matter how much he cared about me, just because he wasn't bipolar. There's just something about one bipolar being able to understand another one that goes without saying. Like Bill and I never fight. We just never have, in all the years we've been together. Because we have such a deep understanding of each other, things that no one else would understand, things having to do with bipolar. Like I just don't have to explain myself at times--he just inherently understands--because he goes through the same thing, just because he's bipolar. It just makes things so much easier. Not perfect, mind you, but easier.

I'll talk more about that next time. Until then, remember--
God loves you, and so do I.
Michele

2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger Crazy In Shreveport said...

Congratulations on feeling better and making marriage plans!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Thanks, crazy! It just amazes people to think that two Bipolars can get together. But we're gonna prove them wrong! Thanks again for your support. Come visit more often!. Chele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home