Sunday, August 05, 2007

Date Nite

Hey, Y'all --

I don't remember if I've told you about Date Nite
before or not, but what it is, is that even tho we're married, every Fri. night, Bill and I go out on a date (thus the name Date Nite). Neither of us will schedule anything else for that night, because it is "sacred" to us. Everyone who knows us knows NOT to call us on a Friday night, because -- you guessed it -- it's Date Nite!

Date Night doesn't have to be anything elaborate or anything' nor does it have to be expensive; this week because Ive been working so hard and not paying as much attention as I should to those things around me, Bill was able to conspire with our son (he's 17) to take me to Cherokee, NC, and to Pigeon Forge, TN on the way back. Talk about shopping galore! I finally found the feather earrings I've been looking for for years -- and believe it or not, they were under $3! (so, of course, I had to buy several in different colors!)
We stopped in gatlinburg for dinner, and came home. I had the best time -- no computer, no phones, no work, no worries


sometimes it's a good thing to take a step away from your problems and do something enjoyable, as if they werent evetn there; even Jesus said there comes a time when we must "rest from our labors." Even Jesus did that; I know the same problems are here today that were here yesterday, but today I have a joy in my heart that I didn'thave yesterday and I believe that joy and prayer will get me thru today

Joy and peace and prayer may not always change our situaation (we still have BP, for example), but they make it easier to bear.

Michele

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Andrea I said...

I just found your blog today and wanted to thank you for sharing your life experiences.
I am BP II with BP I and BP II daughters. Your encouranging words help.

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Andrea,
Thanx for responding, and I'm glad I could encourage you -- that's what we're here for, to encourage one another. I have a son who was diagnosed with BP at 12 yrs old. He's going to be 18 in Dec. and hasn't had an episode since (praise God). Good luck with your daughters.

Please come back and visit again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home