Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wish I Had Better News

Hey, y'all --

Wish I had better news to tell you about my Mom -- they've put her on Lithium now, and she's having some side effects, and is still in a really bad way. I've had BP for a number of years and not even *I* have had an episode this bad. Ya know, I'm always writing encouraging things to everyone, helping them, trying to lift up the supporter, teaching them how to help their loved one, but today...I just don't have any answers. We've tried everything with my mom short of putting her in the hospital, and I guess that's probably where she belongs, but she is terrified! And it's so hard to see your loved one that way. It's so hard to separate your loved one from the BP itself. She sat there before me one day, crying, and I told her, "It's ok, Mom, it's not you we're mad at, it's the disorder." She thought everyone hated her. And it wasn't that we hated her, we were just so frustrated! Everything we (& her psych) tried had failed! ...is still failing.... and I miss my Mom...and every day I watch another little piece of her go where I can't follow, where I can't find her...and I miss her so much...and I see her in so much pain...and I'm so frustrated, helpless, and hurt for her, because I can't help her...

Welcome to the life of a BP Supporter, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home