Saturday, March 18, 2006

Scripture for Depression

Hey, y'all--

I was reading my Bible this morning, and found the following in Psalm 18 (NIV version), and feel like it perfectly describes a bipolar depression, so thought I would share it with you:

"The cords of death entangled me;
the torrents of destruction
overwhelmed me.
The cords of the grave coiled
around me;
the snares of death confronted me.
In my distress I called to the Lord;
I cried to God for help.
From His temple He heard my voice;
my cry came before Him,
into His ears. (Psa.18:4-6)
"He reached down from on high
and took hold of me;
He drew me out of deep waters." (v.16)
"He brought me out into a
spacious place;
He rescued me because He
delighted in me." (v.19)
"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning;
my God turns my darkness
into light." (v.28)

Remember, God loves you, and so do I.
Love,
Michele

1 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Michele said...

christa!!
Welcome to my world! :) I was starting to feel lonely out here all by myself. Glad you found the blog. Hopefully you'll become a follower and find things to encourage you, and pass them on.
Come back anytime!
Michele

 

Post a Comment

<< Home