Friday, December 30, 2005

Your Pain Their Gain

Hey, y'all--

Just wanted to share an encouraging thought, that hopefully will help you as you go through your own suffering, as I have gone through mine. It's something my son told me--that my suffering is so that other people can be helped by what I have gone through. Then today, I was reading in one of my devotionals, "Journey to the Heart," by Melody Beattie (which I highly recommend you read, by the way), and it said, "...it is usually our own pain and problems that makes us compassionate."

I guess what I'm trying to say by way of encouragement is that it helps to remember that as we go through our depressions (inevitable, since we do have BP), that our pain will eventually be someone else's gain, as when we come out of it,(and we will!!!) we can then be able to help the next person going through it. Besides, you know the old saying, "Whatever don't kill us just makes us stronger!"

I know, I'm just full of cliches today, but, hey, whatever works, huh? Keeping these thoughts in my mind is like having emotional bullets against the guns of depression. I am no longer allowing depression to get me--I am fighting back. I hope you are too.

Happy New Year (tomorrow). Oh, and Happy Birthday to Me!! (tomorrow)

Love,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home