Thursday, October 27, 2005

ECT Anyone?

Hey, y'all--

Was just wondering if anyone out there has had ECT? Since I have been unable to break this depressed cycle of the bipolar, and there is no other medication out there for me to try, my psychiatrist wants me to have ECT. He has suggested it before, but I refused, because I was scared. You know, the old scare stories. My mom had it when I was 12, and when she came home, she didn't even know us kids, and she never played guitar again. I don't wanna be like that. But supposedly, ECT is much different now. So they say. And that the memory loss is only temporary, and not that bad. And on the other hand, there's a LOT of stuff I'd LIKE to forget!!!

I've researched ECT, but it's a far cry from reading about it to actually talking to someone who's been through it. Is there anyone out there who's actually gone through the ECT experience that can tell me about it? My ECT evaluation is Nov. 3rd.

Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home