Monday, December 29, 2008

After Christmas - Back to Normal?

Hey, y'all --

Well, Christmas is officially over. I know, because yesterday we took down all our beautiful Christmas decorations. (Had to, I work M-S, so Sun. is my only day off). We tried to keep a positive attitude about it, but it was still kind of a let-down after all the "high" of the holidays.

Oh well, at least we didn't get depressed, or go into episodes, or anything. That's a good way to look at it. I feel so sorry for the people who did this year, and there are many. Did you know that the holidays are the highest rated time for hospitals to be filled with people in bipolar episodes? I hope y'all are doing ok with your own bipolar disorder, I really do.

Ok, so things are back to normal. We're back to our regular schedules. Although I have to confess that it's not only hard to get back to work after Christmas, it's also hard to get back to work on a Monday. Monday's are hard enough as they are! Just because I work from home doesn't make it any easier, ya know. I still have to discipline myself as if I were going to a job outside.

Today I feel kind of blah. Don't just not feel like working, just don't feel like doing anything but lazing around, maybe reading a good book or watching a chick flick or something. But I'm afraid if I don't work, I'll have to clean up the house or something dreaded like that (yuck and double yuck!)!!! So...I guess I'll just have to pull myself up by my bootstraps and go ahead and work despite my less than enthusiastic mood.

It's hard to be a writer. Sometimes I just don't feel like writing. Or I get writer's block. It's not like when I was a medical transcriptionist. I could just go to work, sit down at my desk, put my headphones on, turn myself into an automaton, and just let my fingers type whatever I heard, letting my eyes watch whatever appeared on the screen. A no-brainer. For 8 straight hours, 5 days a week. (No wonder I flipped out!)

So, no matter how much I might be griping about it today, I'm grateful that I have this job which allows me the freedom to express my creativity, where I can work in the peaceful environment of my own home, doing a job I love, for a great boss, and that helps others with bipolar disorder. That's the best thing of all.

On days like this, when I just don't feel like working, or on other days when I just feel discouraged, or that my work just doesn't mean much, I think about all the people we're helping through www.bipolarcentral.com, and hopefully all the people I'm helping through this blog... and I remember what it's all about when you get to the roots of it all. I'm not really here for me. I'm here for you.

Wishing you peace and stability,

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home