Thursday, March 19, 2009

I'M MOVING!!!!! The Blog is Moving Next Week!!!

Hey, y'all --

Just wanted to give you enough notice -- I'M MOVING!!! I should say, THIS BLOG IS MOVING NEXT WEEK!!! So write down the new address, which will be: www.bipolarcentral.com/bipolarsurvivorblog

I hope everyone comes with me. Nothing will change. I promise you, everything will be the same. Same old me, same old blog. Just a different address. I'll blog one more time on here to make sure other people get the new blog address before I move, but get the word out:
I'M MOVING!!! THE BLOG IS MOVING NEXT WEEK!!!

I've been writing for www.bipolarcentral.com for 4 years now. I can't believe I haven't done this sooner. I guess I just didn't know how (someone else did this one for me), then I just got comfortable here.

But now... I'M MOVING... THIS BLOG IS MOVING NEXT WEEK!!!

Well...have I done enough advertising yet? I hope so, because I'm tired. At least you'll only have one more blog to go through with this, then I'll be on the new website (www.bipolarcentral.com/bipolarsurvivorblog) and will be there forever. I really hope everyone follows me there.

Anyway, it's amazing what a big difference a small change can make.

I had a week of a bit of depression (yeah, tell me you didn't notice)...

And I told my psychiatrist about it, and he tweaked one of my meds just a little bit, and you wouldn't believe the difference! Like I said, what a big difference a small change can make!

The depression was gone completely within 48 hours!!!

It taught me a lesson, though. I had gotten complacent. And a bit conceited, I think.

I thought, I guess, that it couldn't happen. And it certainly couldn't happen to ME!

I mean, I had been so stable for so long, and I never saw this depression coming. I was just feeling so good, you know? Like, what was there to be depressed about? My life is really good, I love what I do for www.bipolarcentral.com, I love speaking for NAMI and touching others with my personal story, helping other people with bipolar disorder...

I have a fantasically wonderful husband...3 great kids...I love my house in the peaceful mountains...and I even have the cutest dog. I talk to my mom almost every day, and she really helps me with my stability, too, cuz she has bipolar too.

And I have this blog, and all of you!

Oh, and don't let me leave out my great doctor, psychiatrist, and therapist, and all those (ugh) wonderful bipolar medications that I'm on.

So what more could a gal ask for?

Yet I still found myself depressed.

So I went back to square one. Why does someone with bipolar disorder get depressed? (Sounds like a bad joke coming, doesn't it?) Because they have bipolar disorder!!!

It means they get depressed when it's sunny. They get depressed when it's raining. They get depressed when life is bad. They get depressed when life is good. They get depressed over everything. They get depressed over nothing.

They just plain get depressed.

Agree?

So, anyway, with a little change in my medication, the depression lifted. Bipolar depressions have a tendency to do that, as we know.

Now today I'm happy-happy-joy-joy because...

I'M MOVING! I'M MOVING! THIS BLOG IS MOVING TO:
www.bipolarcentral.com/bipolarsurvivorblog

Don't forget to write it down so we can all be together in our brand new house! :)

Wishing you peace and stability,

Remember God loves you and so do I,
Michele

4 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Whoooo! Glad you're feeling better, and that it just took a tiny tweak. Hurray for docs who listen to people! And Yippee for moving!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Glad you are feeling better. Also glad to see that you are finally moving to bipolar central. Always wondered why you were on google instead of Dave's site.
anyho, I have also been depressed lately.My tummy has been bothering me and I have just not felt well for months now. Doctor finlly ordered a endoscopy and it showed ulcers and a hernia. So on more meds to heal those. have to repeat the endo in three months and will go from there. Also had to have a pap got results today and I have precancerous cells. See a gyn wednesday to set up a colposcopy. I am scared to death. I can't let my mom go through this again. Been having flashbacks of my dads fight against cancer which he lost. I do not think I am strong enough to handle this. I just want to crawl in a hole and disappear. Since it has been six yrs since my last pap we have no clue how long I have had this. Right now I just want it all out of me, the cervix, uterus, ovaries all of it.
My diabetes is still out of control and am now on two oral meds and two insulins for it. Been having alot of trouble with anxiety and irritability. Lost one of my puppies yesterday and one of the kitten got ate by one of the other dogs today. This is really not my year. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.
I hope your move goes smoothly and you have minimal glitches to contend with. Are you going to be able to archive your older posts from this site onto the new site? Are we going to have to create a screenname and such to post replies to you?
Melissa
PS> I really hope your depression does not come back anytime soon.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Michele said...

First of all, y'all, thank you for your support. But poor Melissa! I am so sorry for what you're going through. I am praying so, so hard for you. It's so difficult to deal with bipolar disorder by itself, but when you couple it with physical problems, especially such serious problems, it makes it so much worse -- I know, I have been there (endoscopy and all).

Just hang on, sweetie, and it'll be over soon. I don't know about you, but I would rather have answers, even if they are negative, then just have to wait, not knowing. I used to say, "Give me a diagnosis, and I'll give you a prayer request."

I know that's not much help - I'm not a doctor, and I can't heal you, but I know someone who can, and I will be praying. Please get the help you need for your depression as well, before it, too, gets worse.

As far as my blog goes, yes, all archives will follow as well. And I do hope y'all will follow me over. As a matter of fact, it is already set up and people are already commenting there.

I love you both, and Michelle, put Melissa on your prayer list too, ok?

Blessings,
Michele

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thank you so much Michele. I really need the prayers and the support right now. I can not help but blame myself for this. I knew my family history and still neglected to be checked yearly.
Again Thank you so much for the prayers and the support. You truely are one of God's angels.
Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home